Monday, November 17, 2008
I've always found it weird how certain songs can cause memories to flood back to you like the banks of the Nile being over swept with rainwater. This morning, I was looking to buy a new ringtone, and decided to peruse the KISS ringtones, my mom, having brought me up to be a KISS fan (by choice), Mike was almost floored to know that I knew the lyrics to each song by heart.

See, KISS is a band that makes me very happy. I remember watching my mom dance to their albums, belting out each word as passionately as Paul does, watching her play air guitar and marveling at her timing and perfect air drumline. Watching her be happy, because I knew that within that moment, she was and is unstoppable. It was something that was few and far between back then, and for those people who think she is a bad person, really haven't gotten to know her, if they did, they'd see that my mom has just let too many years of shitty people and shitty situations get her down, that deep down, she still is the fun-loving and free woman she always has been.

And though my mom and I have our differences, nothing can change her being my mom, or what has happened, I'm still incredibly grateful to be alive, to have been born.

I know this entry sounds rather melancholy, it's nature truly isn't to be so, it's merely reflective, in a very thankful way, to KISS, to my mom, to great music.
posted by Brea at 12:56 PM |



2 Comments:

At November 18, 2008 at 10:05 PM, Blogger Betty said........
We totally love KISS! Your mom has great taste in music.
•Betty•

http://thejoereview.com/
 



At November 22, 2008 at 4:49 PM, Blogger Brea said........
Thank you Betty, yeah, she also likes some weirder Motown funk type bands, so for people to find out that she's a metalhead at heart, they're taken aback.